Incisive Media and Professional Pensions are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
- There will be no red meat served
- Water will be served in glass jugs instead of bottles
- There will be no printed programmes, the event programme can be accessed online
- There will be no single-use plastics at the event
- Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
- All waste is recycled responsibly.
- Any leftover food will be given to staff to ensure zero waste.
- Works with suppliers that are serious about sustainability, shown through initiatives like Plate2Planet.
- Fish/seafood at the event is sustainable source certified.
- The coffee is organic and Fairtrade.
- The hotel is in the process of replacing all lighting with LED energy efficient lights.
- There are 62 bicycle spaces available for guests.
- The hotel does not have any single-use plastics.
- Recycles paper, plastic, glass, and metal.
- All chemicals are from Ecolab, a company with sustainability as a core to their purpose by making the world cleaner, safer and healthier.